About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Welcome to my Blog Site :) I am so happy you stopped in. I am a part time worker, wife, mom and artist/crafter. I became a grandmother for the first time about a year ago. My passions are Stained Glass and Mixed Media Art. I am a Texas girl living in a house that my father and grandfather built in 1945. I have a loving husband and two teenage boys. My boys are talented musicians who make my life complete. I hope you enjoy reading my posts about music, my boys and grandson and just about life in general. So grab your favorite choice of drink, sit back, relax and happy blogging.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Let's do that again!

Dad was a tall, dark, heavy set, good looking man with very dark black hair.  Ever since I was in grade school all through my high school, I remember him wearing suits to work. He was promoted to Detective in the Burglary & Theft Division of the Houston Police Department and was given a take-home vehicle.  He would drive me, my brothers and sister to and from school in this unmarked police car.  It was equipped with a police radio, siren and had an engine built for speed.  There were a few times that we would be late for school so dad would run the car hot. (police lingo) Driving over the speed limit and over the railroad track humps would send the car flying in the air.  Somehow the car would land on all four tires and we all would yell and scream, "Let's do that again!"

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great visual! And wasn't all that dark black hair beautiful? My dad only got the slightest touch of grey when he was quite old. My mom's side of the family starts going grey in their 20's! And, unfortunately, we mostly got that gene.
Maria Linda

Blog Archive