About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Welcome to my Blog Site :) I am so happy you stopped in. I am a part time worker, wife, mom and artist/crafter. I became a grandmother for the first time about a year ago. My passions are Stained Glass and Mixed Media Art. I am a Texas girl living in a house that my father and grandfather built in 1945. I have a loving husband and two teenage boys. My boys are talented musicians who make my life complete. I hope you enjoy reading my posts about music, my boys and grandson and just about life in general. So grab your favorite choice of drink, sit back, relax and happy blogging.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Scavenger Hunt

Item #14
This castle complete with moat is now a brick and stone company.  It used to be the only Go Cart Park in Houston.  
Item #5
This hand made sign reads:  Private property. No Dumping Aloud. - It is ironic that it is posted by a dumpster, plus Aloud should be Allowed.  
Item #13 Evergreen Negro Cemetary - Former Slaves, Buffalo Soldiers and Veterans are buried. here.

AK Kelley organized the Evergreen Negro Cemetary and is buried there.  Most headstones are broken and unreadable.
This summer I have joined a Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt hosted by my cousin Maria.  Listed are 21 items I will be challenged to find.  View her blog  here:   http://gallorganico.blogspot.com/2011/06/summertime-photography-snapshot.html
1. A picture of your entire team (or a self-portrait, if you're playing alone).
2. A museum
3. A camp fire (or fire in a fireplace)
4. A protest, town hall meeting or other political activity
5. A hand lettered sign selling something or giving directions
6. A person dressed as a pirate
7. A decorated mailbox
8. Your country's flag
9. A festival or fair
10. A wooden bridge
11. A forest
12. A unicycle
13. A cemetery of historical significance or with an interesting story.
14. A castle
15. Graffiti art (not just graffiti and not just a wall mural)
16. A building made of metal or glass
17. Rain
18. A person sketching or painting outside their house
19. A beehive or an ant farm with live ants
20. A handmade roadside memorial or shrine.
21. A rooster


Below are a few photos I have taken.
#20 Roadside Memorial on East Houston Road

#15 Railcar on Liberty Road

#8 Driveway in Seabrook on 4th of July

# 17 Rain from my front porch

#21 Rooster in 3rd Ward area.

#2 New Buffalo Soldier's Museum under Renovation
 

4 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

So glad you're playing along! I really love your rain picture.
Maria

Not a Stepford Wife Mom said...

for the person dressed as a pirate you can always use K's Halloween picture

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Irene ~ I'm here from Rinda's blog to see your awesome scavenger hunt photos. Very nice!!!

I'm really interested in your stained glass hobby too... ;o)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive