About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Welcome to my Blog Site :) I am so happy you stopped in. I am a part time worker, wife, mom and artist/crafter. I became a grandmother for the first time about a year ago. My passions are Stained Glass and Mixed Media Art. I am a Texas girl living in a house that my father and grandfather built in 1945. I have a loving husband and two teenage boys. My boys are talented musicians who make my life complete. I hope you enjoy reading my posts about music, my boys and grandson and just about life in general. So grab your favorite choice of drink, sit back, relax and happy blogging.

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Duke

The AMC Channel had a John Wayne Marathon this weekend.  I love John Wayne and so I want to tell you a story about how he scared me.  This just happened two weeks ago.

To paint my wash room we first cleared out the room, including the Coors Light Advertisement I had of a life size cardboard poster of John Wayne.  He was temporarily placed in the living room.

That  night while everyone was asleep I got up to get a drink of water in the kitchen.  As I turned, I saw the figure of a person by the front door watching me.  I didn't know whether to scream and yell  for help or run back to the bedroom and wake up my husband.  I couldn't move, I froze there for awhile, I noticed the figure did not move either, we just stood there staring each other down.  I think I startled him just as he startled me.  That's when I realized it was "The Duke".  After I said a few cuss words  I had to laugh because I was the one who told my son to put the life size cardboard there in the first place.




After  the paint dried that morning,  The Duke was placed back in the wash room.  I don't mind doing the wash as long as I have The Duke there for company. 

How I love those old classic westerns especially the ones starring John Wayne.

See you later Pilgrim.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great story! You should link it up with Sian's storytelling Sunday the first Sunday in August.
Rinda

Blog Archive