About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Welcome to my Blog Site :) I am so happy you stopped in. I am a part time worker, wife, mom and artist/crafter. I became a grandmother for the first time about a year ago. My passions are Stained Glass and Mixed Media Art. I am a Texas girl living in a house that my father and grandfather built in 1945. I have a loving husband and two teenage boys. My boys are talented musicians who make my life complete. I hope you enjoy reading my posts about music, my boys and grandson and just about life in general. So grab your favorite choice of drink, sit back, relax and happy blogging.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Surprise Mail

About two weeks ago I received a birthday card from my dear cousin.  It was a wonderful surprise to see  a color copy of one of her first collages on the card.  I know my photo can  not give this card justice.  Thank you Rinda,  I absolutely love it and plan on framing the card. You can view Rinda's blog at www.gallorganico.blogspot.com

To tell you the truth,  I  never thought of printing my work on cards.  It's a great idea!  I'm curious to know if anyone else has printed their work on cards.  Your comments and links are welcomed.  I would love to see your art work.

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

So glad you received it and liked it! I bet photos of your stained glass work would make beautiful cards.
Rinda

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card and what a fun way to remember beautiful artwork. I haven't ever done it, but just received a card from friends where their 14 year old daughter had done a pencil drawing of a cat hanging from a branch and they had cards. Where can you get them made?

Lynn Stevens said...

What a lovely surprise! No I have never thought of putting a copy of my art on a card but a great idea!
Hugs Lynn

trisha too said...

What a special card, a wonderful surprise! Nope, I've never, but know others who have.

I have copied large pieces to use as background paper, where the original would have been too textured for what I wanted it for. Okay, no, that's not nearly the same thing!!

:)

bj said...

There's not much that we love more than getting REAL mail...and especially such a beautiful card from someone you love. Cousins are the best!! :)

Blog Archive