About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Welcome to my Blog Site :) I am so happy you stopped in. I am a part time worker, wife, mom and artist/crafter. I became a grandmother for the first time about a year ago. My passions are Stained Glass and Mixed Media Art. I am a Texas girl living in a house that my father and grandfather built in 1945. I have a loving husband and two teenage boys. My boys are talented musicians who make my life complete. I hope you enjoy reading my posts about music, my boys and grandson and just about life in general. So grab your favorite choice of drink, sit back, relax and happy blogging.

Monday, August 22, 2011

FAMILY/FRIENDS

Friend/Me/Cousin
This past weekend my family got together to celebrate my aunts 80th birthday party.  Turning 80 is a big deal in itself, but what I really enjoyed was seeing alot of my cousins that I grew up with and their spouses, children and even grandchildren.  At this joyious occasion there were a few tears as we remembered cousins who have passed away and tears of joy as we saw old friends we had not seen in awhile.  I met my nephew's new wife and found out that her family lived a few blocks from where I live and her parents knew my parents.  I caught up with a friend whom I had not seen in awhile.  I also saw the three sisters that babysat me and my sister when we were oh so young little girls. When the DJ started it was hard to talk and hear so we traded numbers and vowed to get together again at a much more quieter place.  That night before going to bed, Hubby and I talked about the party.  We talked about how blessed we are to have such good friends and a close knit family.  We talked about how close our friends are that sometimes they are our family.  As I reflect on this past celebration, I am happy my hubby and two boys were with me to celebrate my aunts birthday, but most of all I am happy to have been able to see my cousins and their family and so many old friends.  I can't wait for the next birthday celebration which should be in September for my two youngest brothers and a nephew.  I wish you all the best week ever and may God bless you and your family and friends.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a heart-warming post. I know our parents valued the importance of family and would be happy to see you all carrying on the tradition.
Maria Linda

Blog Archive